Terms & Conditions for renting Florida Delight
ADDRESS: 548 Orange Cosmos Blvd, Watersong, Davenport, Florida 33837
Phone 1: 1-863-4385-869 (Black phone)
Phone 2: 03330063972 (Red phone - no code required).
• CHECK IN TIME is AFTER 4.00pm CST AND CHECKOUT is 11.00am CST.
• No early check-in or late checkout.
• This is a NON SMOKING property and PETS / ANIMALS are NOT PERMITTED.
Please ensure you (hereafter called the Guest) read and understand the following terms and conditions pertinent to your accommodation rental. If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us (hereafter called the Owner) for clarification before you agree and submit the form.
• Your holiday home rental includes: Accommodation as booked, including services e.g gas, water and electricity, (excludes pool heating unless otherwise stated).
• NOT included in our rental prices: a) Flights b) Car Hire c) Holiday Insurance d) Pool Heat e) Damage deposit
(1) The Booking Form must be completed and the terms and conditions, as listed here, accepted (tick box) by the party leader (the Guest) who must be aged 21 years or over.
(2) The person who completes the Booking Form certifies that he or she is authorised to agree the booking conditions on behalf of all persons included on the Booking Form, including those added or substituted at a later date. The Guest must notify the Owner of any such changes immediately they are known as Florida State Law prohibits subletting, sharing or assigning. Therefore, only the persons named on the booking form are allowed to stay in the villa. The Management Company on arrival will verify the persons occupying the villa. The maximum occupancy is calculated by the number of bedrooms times 2 (i.e. 6 Bed home 6x2=12) this is determined by the authorities within strict guidelines for fire safety. Please note that contravention of the above will render your booking void, all moneys paid will be forfeited and you will be asked to leave the villa immediately without further compensation.
(3) Bookings cannot be accepted from parties of young people under 21 years of age nor bookings from single sex groups i.e. Stag/Batchelor & Hen/Bachelorette parties.
(4) When you book a vacation home, you are booking the whole home - there are no discounts for under occupancy as we cannot rent part of the property to you.
(5) Booking of the property infers agreement with the booking terms and conditions even if a hardcopy of the booking form has not been sent.
(6) A non-refundable deposit of 25% which should be sent to the Owner within 5 working days of the date of initial booking confirmation. Failure to pay the deposit within this period (without prior consent from the Owner) will result in your booking being cancelled. The balance of the cost must be paid no later than 10 weeks prior to arriving at Florida Delight along with the security deposit. If the booking is made within 10 weeks of arrival at Florida Delight, then full payment must be made at the time of booking.
(7) A conditional refundable Security Deposit will be charged with the final balance to cover any breakage or damage whilst staying in the villa.
(8) The Security Deposit is £200 / $350. A higher security deposit of £350 / $500 is required for short bookings of less than 5 days.
(9) The Security Deposit will be returned to the Guest within 28 days after the completion of the holiday as long as there is no damage or loss as reported by the Owner's Management Company. If damage is reported then we reserve the right to claim this off the lead Guest.
(10) The Guest is solely responsible for any damages or breakages that may be caused to the villa or its contents. In the event of a security deposit being taken, all or part of the security deposit may be retained by them to cover excess cleaning costs, replacement or repairs to the property or its contents, excessive utility bills i.e. external doors being left open whilst the air-conditioning is on. Any defects found on arrival must be notified to the Management Company within 24 hours of arrival or you may be held liable.
THE SECURITY DEPOSIT IS REFUNDED WITHIN 28 DAYS OF DEPARTURE FROM THE VACATION HOME, SUBJECT TO ANY DAMAGE OR MISSING ITEMS.
(11) Alterations/amendments after the booking has been confirmed can be made at the Owner’s discretion
Paying By Credit/Debit Card Via PayPal
(12) If you opt for paying by Credit/Debit card there is a 4% surcharge applied automatically to cover merchant bank charges imposed by PayPal. Payment by other means such as by Bank Transfer, Internet Banking or Cheque DO NOT carry a surcharge.
(13) In the event of a cheque not being honoured by the bank on which it is drawn we will make a charge of £10/$15 to cover the bank charges and our administration costs
(14) By Guest - any cancellation by the Guest must be notified in writing to the Owner. The following charges will apply:
• More than 10 weeks - Deposit only
• 70 - 56 days - 50% of rental charge
• 56 days or less - 100% of rental charge
By Owner - The Owner reserves the right to cancel the booking if the balance payable is not received 10 weeks prior to start of rental period. If through circumstances beyond the Owner’s control it is necessary to cancel the rental agreement, the Owner will refund any monies paid by the Guest, without interest or further compensation.
(15) In the unlikely event that circumstances beyond the Owner's control necessitate the cancellation of the rental arrangement, the Owner reserves the right to cancel any bookings at any time and will only be liable to refund monies already paid by the Guest. Furthermore, the Owner cannot guarantee that all the facilities described in their ‘brochure’ or website will be available.
(16) We reserve the right to treat the booking as cancelled if we do not receive the balance by the due date. Any cancellation charges detailed elsewhere in this document will then apply.
(17) Reservations are for a minimum of 7 nights (other than by prior arrangement). The vacation home is available after 4:00pm (local time) on the day of arrival and must be vacated by 11:00am (local time) on the day of departure. Should you wish to extend your stay or enquire about a late check-out this must be requested at least 24 hours prior to departure (11 am previous day). Should this option be available a nightly rate will be charged at your current tariff subject to a minimum of $75. Failure to comply with this may result in extra rental charges which the Guest agrees to pay, subject to a minimum of $100 plus a night at rack rate.
(18) The vacation home rental is only for the dates and times agreed to in the rental contract. Any attempt to enter the property before the agreed upon time is not acceptable and any violation will result in you being charged double the daily rate for each day (or portion of a day) that the property is occupied outside the agreed rental dates and times. Deductions will automatically be made from your security deposit.
(19) The prices quoted are subject to change. However, the rental price for the vacation home is fully guaranteed once the deposit has been paid and the acknowledgement/receipt has been issued by the Owner.
(20) In the situation of a booking being made in a particular currency and the owner rightfully acknowledges the booking in another currency at the current exchange rate at that time (i.e. booking made in GBP and US Owner converts to US Dollars) - the owner may then specify the balance amount (where applicable) payable at a later date in the currency of their choice - the acknowledged amount in the currency specified stands regardless of subsequent fluctuations in currency exchange rates.
(21) The website is a guide to the quality and description of the vacation home only and does not form part of any contract. The Owner or their Management Company reserve the right to make any modifications deemed necessary. In the event that unintentional errors, mistakes or omissions occur we cannot accept any liability for these details. In the unlikely event that circumstances beyond our control necessitate the cancellation of the arrangements we reserve the right to take all reasonable steps to find alternative accommodation.
(22) No liability is accepted by the Owner or their Management Company whatsoever for death, personal injury, accidents, loss or damage to persons or personal effects however caused as a result of the use of the vacation home or pool. This waiver extends to people visiting the vacation home as friends of the Guest(s).
(23) The Owners or their Management Company do not accept any liability whatsoever and no compensation or other payment will be made for loss, delay, damage or injury caused by strikes, riots, political unrest, hostilities, war, terrorist activity, industrial disputes, fire, flood, hurricane, tornado, technical/weather, problems with transport, aircraft grounding, closure of airports or ports, weather conditions or any other event beyond the Owner's control.
(24) The vacation home is situated on a community, which consists of both residential and vacation homes. The Owner or their Management Company cannot be held responsible for any ongoing construction or alterations to existing villas or any noise on or around the community.
IT IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED THAT GUESTS TAKE OUT ADEQUATE HOLIDAY INSURANCE TO COVER CANCELLATION FEES AND ANY OTHER LOSSES, WHICH MAY OCCUR.
(25) It is the responsibility of the Guest to ensure that all those travelling in the party have complied fully with all passport and visa requirements in place at the time of travel (children including infants have to have their own passports). Any failure in this respect may result in your travel arrangements being amended and/or curtailed with consequential losses in respect of your villa booking. In such circumstances no liability attaches itself to the Owner.
(26) The alarm system fitted requires setting whenever you leave the home unoccupied (i.e. visiting the parks, vacating the home etc...). Please familiarise yourself with its use as soon as possible - if in doubt, contact the Management Company. Failure to comply with this condition will result in you potentially being held liable by the Owner for any losses and damages incurred to the Owner’s property in the event of a break-in by an unauthorised person or persons. The alarm system also serves to protect your own possessions as well - so please use it. In the unlikely event that there is a break-in and you have incurred a loss, the Owner is not held liable for this and if you decide to move out, the Owner is not required to refund any rental monies or additional expenses you may incur as a result of your decision to vacate the property.
Swimming Pool Area
(27) Use of the swimming pool is at the Guests’ own risk. Guests are specifically advised not to allow unsupervised children near the pool. Please use the child safety fence provided to prevent young children entering the Pool Area without adult supervision. No diving is allowed.
NO GLASS OF ANY KIND IS ALLOWED IN THE POOL AREA.
We have provided a high quality plastic range for your safety in outside dining.
(28) The pool is cleaned and chemically balanced every week for your safety and comfort; however on rare occasions it may be necessary to apply extra chemicals to the pool to maintain safe and correct chemical levels. Should this occur during your stay it will be necessary for Guests to be out of the pool for a period of 12 - 24 hours for safety reasons.
(29) If pool heating is required, this should be requested at the time of booking. An additional charge will be levied and must be paid for when settling the final balance. If not initially requested but subsequently heating is required, the Management Company may levy an additional local daily fee to cover their call-out. The maximum legally permitted temperature Owners are allowed to heat the pool water is 86°F (30°C) - please do not request anything higher.
(30) Please be aware that it is not possible to guarantee the temperature of the pool, which is partially dependant on the local weather conditions. If the outside air temperature drops below 55°F (13°C) the Owner cannot guarantee that they can maintain the pool temperature at a comfortable temperature. Please always use the insulating pool blanket (when provided in colder months) to help to maintain the pool heat when the pool is not in use. Failure to use the pool blanket will result in excessive electricity charges which may be deducted from your security deposit.
Why you should use the pool blanket provided?
(31) When the air temperature is cold, if you don't have a pool blanket the pool could lose anywhere from 7 to 15 degrees of temperature overnight. The average pool heater is capable of heating the pool at a rate of 1 - 2 degrees per hour
With an insulating pool blanket in place the pool may only lose 2 degrees overnight so you should be able to see the benefit straight away how this makes a difference.
(32) Tampering with any of the pool equipment and controls is strictly forbidden. Overriding the pool heat controls to heat the pool when it has not been paid for is considered as theft and will be reported immediately to the Sherriff's Department. In addition, failure to comply with the above will result in immediate eviction from the property with full loss of all monies paid and security deposit. Inflatable toys are provided which Guests can use at their own risk. Young children should be strictly supervised at all times.
(33) If you have hired a BBQ it will be delivered to you with a full bottle of gas and utensils. It is against Florida law to use the BBQ within the screened pool enclosure; it must be positioned outside of the screened enclosure away from the house. Any damage to the house or the pool screen caused by use of the BBQ will be chargeable, and deducted from your security deposit.
Use of Utilities
(34) Normal usage of gas, water, telephone (both black and red phone) and electricity is included in the rental price. You will be subject to the full costs of any additional charges if utility and/or telephone bills for the period of your stay are in excess of 10% above normal usage. Cable TV / Netflix/use of lap top is provided and is included complimentary to the rental price.
(35) For UK residents only the Owner will supply, for bookings of SEVEN days or more, a complimentary Garmin Nuvi sat-nav (if required) for use during their vacation period only. The Owner will post out the sat-nav in good time before commencing the booking for the Guest to become familiar with its use. It is the responsibility of the lead Guest to ensure that the sat-nav is returned to the Owner within 48 hours of returning from vacating Florida Delight using the signed by delivery service (at no cost to the Guest). If for any reason the sat-nav becomes damaged or stolen then the Lead Guest agrees to claim this on their insurance or pay for a new sat-nav of the same model.
(36) No furniture may be moved beyond the rooms in which it is installed without the written authorisation from the Owner. If during your stay you find it necessary to reposition furniture within a room, then please do so with extreme care and reinstate everything to its original location before your departure. Any damage resulting from the moving of furniture will be charged to you. If the Owner’s agents have to move furniture back after your departure the Owner will charge the cost of this to you, as it entails sending staff specifically to the property to undertake this task. The costs incurred will be deducting from your security deposit.
(37) Within the Villa there is free internet (Brighthouse’s fast roadrunner Wi-Fi) available. We also provide, for your convenience, complimentary use of a lap top and printer (printer for emergency use only – please don’t use it for printing pictures etc). Very few Owners offer a computer as there are legal implications in providing a computer which could be used to download copyrighted material. In the USA this is strictly monitored and the Owner of the internet connection (i.e. the vacation home Owner) is held legally liable for copyright infringement. In addition, inappropriate adult material could also be downloaded and children from future Guests could be exposed to such material.
(38) By offering you this facility we are obliged to hold you liable for any copyright infringement or illegal downloads and will pass your details onto the authorities. For the protection of future Guests (particularly children) please do not access inappropriate material and if subsequently, it is found that such material (especially illegal material) has been accessed and/or downloaded, the renters details relating to the date stamp of the offense will be passed onto the authorities. Please ensure all Guests in your party are made fully aware of this.
Loss, Damage & Condition of the Property
(39) The Guest agrees to pay the full cost of any breakages, losses or damage to the property.
- To take good care of the property and to leave the property in the same state of cleanliness and general order in which it was found.
- To report any damage or loss immediately as it is discovered to the Owner's Management Company in Florida.
- Guests are liable for the cost of an engineer call out, where there is no fault found.
- To permit the Owner or their Agents reasonable access to the property to carry out any maintenance if necessary.
(40) The Owner's Management Company will be the sole arbitrators on cause of damage or loss. They will advise the Owner of any loss or damage to the villa following your departure. They will also provide a full report on the general condition/cleanliness of the property. Guests are expected to leave the home in a reasonable and tidy condition. The Owner will seek full reimbursement from the lead Guest for any loss or damage incurred during the duration of their stay. The Owner will seek full reimbursement from the lead Guest for any additional cleaning costs above the normal as a result of their stay. Any loss, damage or cleaning fees costing in excess of the security deposit amount will be fully reimbursed by the lead Guest within one week (7 days) of departure. Guests are required to remove their trash/rubbish from the villa. Failure to comply will result in a minimum charge of $75.
Liability and Loss of Visitor Property.
(41) The Owner does not accept any liability for the loss of Guests’ property. Lost property will normally be disposed of if it is not collected within 7 days, and a reasonable charge may be made to cover administration and to cover the costs of storage and handling of lost property.
Smoking Policy & Animals / Pets
(42) For the comfort and safety of our Guests, smoking is not permitted anywhere in the home. However, Guests may smoke in the pool area and surrounding gardens. Ashtrays are provided for Guests use. Strictly no animals / pets are allowed in the villa at any time. Please note that contravention of the above will render your booking void and all monies will be forfeited. An extra cleaning cost of $500 will also be levied, and you will be asked to leave the accommodation immediately. We reserve the right to pursue the lead Guest for any additional charges as a result of having to relocate future Guests whilst the villa is being cleaned and fumigated.
Insects & Pests
(43) Insects and pests are inevitably present in Florida's tropical climate. Within reason, this is normal and the Owner cannot take action to totally eradicate the problem but only control it. The property receives periodic pest control treatment. Only when, in the Owners’ reasonable opinion, pests in the living accommodation become a serious nuisance will further action be taken. Please contact the Management Company ASAP if you experience a problem with insects or pests and they will act accordingly. Failure to report a problem immediately cannot be deemed an excuse by the Guest to claim compensation.
(44) Use of resort facilities outside of the rented property are strictly at the Guest’s and Guests family/group’s own personal risk - for your own personal security and safety, you are required to follow all safety notices and restrictions posted around the resort. The Owner of the rented property cannot be held legally responsible for any loss or injury sustained whilst on or off the resort.
Submission of the booking form constitutes acceptance of a contract based on these terms subject to the laws of the UK (for UK/European Guests) and USA (for all other Guests) which shall apply to this contract and any other claims.